Last week, the parents-to-be in my family had another ultrasound. The doctor wanted to check something. Their concerns turned out to be nothing.
But at the end of the ultrasound the doctor said "Nothing to worry about your DAUGHTER looks great!". It A Girl!
So since they knew, they decided to let everyone else know. I am doing backflips I am so excited! I would have loved a grandson also but a granddaughter is beyond words. :-)
Well, this is what I was working on the day I got the news. It started out as a Michaela bubble by PrimRose Lane. I had the boy sleeves cut out but I hadn't gotten that far yet.
The Boy's sleeves got filed away and I cut out puffed sleeves instead. Since I know that this baby has a good possibility of being tall, I decided to go with a dress instead of a bubble. I need to finish up the white pique bloomers to finish the outfit.
The Smocking Plate is Ellen McCarn's "Duckin' Duckies". The fabric is white pique and yellow pique ducks from my stash.
Also with this photo I wanted to show you a pattern change I always make on this pattern. I hate to have to fold over pleated fabric. I especially do not like to fold over pleated fabric at a neck line. The neckline never looks perfect and it is just too thick (IMHO)
So instead, I add a small 1" yoke (+ seam allowances) at the top of the smocked panel. I used the lining pattern piece as my template for the yoke and add piping along my holding row.
PS- When I let my family know it was a girl, my SIL texted "Doomed to a life of beautiful Handmade dresses by her Grandmother!!!!!!". Her two nieces were my first models when I was learning to smock.