Sunday, April 18, 2010

20 Innings!



We spent the day (and the night!) watching the Cardinals play 20 innings yesterday.

For my daughter's birthday she wanted to go to a Cardinal game. We arrived about 1pm when the gates opened.

Neither team scored anything till the 19th inning. It was interesting hearing the entire crowd groan each time the ball was caught. :-)





Around the 17th inning (9PM) my daughter and her best friend bought "Build A Bears". I really appreciated that the store was still open. Everything else in the stadium (except one Hot Dog stand) closed down after the 8th inning (5:15 PM).







The game ended after 10pm. Cardinals 1- Mets-2. :-(



It was a very long day but, we all had a great time!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my! Now there are some loyal Cardinal fans! We had one of those all day and into the night games with the Rangers. Fortunately, we were guests in a private box and the hot dogs kept coming!
    Happy Birthday to your daughter! She and her friend are great Bear Builders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I can't imagine sitting through 20 innings, but I guess at some point it just became fun sitting and enjoying the family and the crowd! Love the bears!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    I am new to the smocking world & wanted to know if you knew an easy pattern to set a smocked insert into a T-shirt or sweatshirt? Thanks so much, I have enjoyed reading your blog!
    Courtney
    courtney.baxley@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are cute teddy bears.
    It seems like you had a wonderful time.
    Happy birthday to your little girl.

    ReplyDelete