Sunday, August 16, 2009

Jada's Christening Gown

I want to show you one of the projects I have been working on. Jada's Christening Gown.


Jada is the granddaughter of a dear friend, Jackie. Jada is now 7 weeks old and today was her christening.


The dress is made out of Swiss Nelona from Martha Pullen (of course). The slip is made out of Victorian Batiste. The dress is 34" long.



There is 4 rows of french lace that peek out from under the scalloped hem.


I used Cherry Williams square yoke pattern for both the dress and the slip.



It is hard to see but there is a small pink shadow embroidered cross in the center of the dress.


As my Husband says I never finish a project I just give up. I can always find something else to embroider, bead, or add too. Well I "gave up" on this Christening gown at about 2 A.M. this morning.


Here are some pictures of her christening......


Here is the proud grandmother. She sure looks happy!

Here is a close up of the little angel. She looks breath taking in white.




Here a picture of the designer and stylist for the day who had to get her baby fix! Yes, I am taking about me!




And through all the commotion, talking and picture taking Jada fell asleep.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! How beautiful! Both Jada and the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful. I love the hem with the lace peeking out. And she is a precious model. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress and beautiful baby. And Janet, I LOVE your smile while holding her. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exquisite gown! Your loving attention to details is obvious.. well done!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet....the dress is gorgeous!! And so is the precious little girl!!! Your work is inspirational!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful dress. Looks like it fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete