Thursday, December 24, 2009

75 Wedding Anniversary

Today would have been my Grandparent's 75th Wedding anniversary.



This is a picture of them and my mother (wearing a smocked dress) about 4 years later.



I have always loved the story of their wedding. It is much better then mine.

http://texassmockingcompany.blogspot.com/2009/06/wedding-from-hell.html





So here is their story.......


The date is Christmas Eve 1934.


No one knew they were planning to get married except for them (of course) and the preacher.

They attended Christmas Eve services with all their friends and family in their little country church, north of Ft Worth, Texas.

Back then very few people had automobiles. My Granddad had volunteered to drive the preacher and his family home. No one gave it a second thought that my Grandmother went with them. :-)

After they arrived at the preacher's house, they had to wait till the children were put to bed and the preacher found his "wedding book".


Close to midnight, they exchanged wedding vows in the preacher's living room in front of the fire.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your Grandparents wedding story. Then , of course, I had to go back and read yours! What a unique story to tell. And what a cool cat you were!! Most brides would have been beside themselves if they had encountered half of what you did!

    ReplyDelete