Friday, January 27, 2012

Baby Shower Gift



Sometime in March our family is going to be blessed with a great niece! This has been a long awaited bundle of joy.

Well, tomorrow is the first of many baby showers. I made this little dress from Jeannie Baumeister's The Old Fashion Baby Embroidered Raglan Daygown.



The fabric is Swiss Flannel from Martha Pullen and Company https://store.marthapullen.com/p-4943-cotton-swiss-flannel-white.aspx







I tweaked the embroidery design a little. Instead of lazy daisy I added bullion roses. It just fits the new mother's personality. The embroidery colors match the flower girl dresses I did for her wedding.



I still need to make a matching bonnet but that will have to wait till next week.

7 comments:

  1. What beautiful embroidery. I am envious. Maybe I just don't take the time to sit and work through it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely, as always.

    I know I do need to take the time and work through this and smocking. Retirement will come someday....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful embroidery! I love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work. Hope that the recipient will appreciate the love and work that went into the gift.
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely adorable! Will you make a bonnet to match?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Where can I buy that cute dress? I want to purchase one for my new born baby. I've been into different online stores but I was not able to find a dress like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this Baby Shower Gift is amazing. I loved the embroidery on it. It is a rocking creativity, as always. At one of the local party venues in NYC I also would be attending a baby shower of a cousin. But I can’t work on the embroidery like that so might go with the patch work on a DIY outfit.

    ReplyDelete