The New Sew Beautiful Magazine is out now. I do not have anything in this issue so I will offer my review.
I am part of several chat groups and when a new issue comes out I am amazed at the contradicting complaints.
Since it is always the same contradicting argument. To save time, I have set up this Tongue and Check numbering system of the comments I have heard on this issue.
- Too much Heirloom.
- Not enough Heirloom.
- Too much smocking.
- Not enough smocking.
- I love Machine Smocking.
- Machine Smocking is just wrong It's like kissing your brother.
- It is not Creative Needle.
- Its not AS&E.
- Too much Machine embroidery.
- Not enough Machine embroidery.
- I like the Old Sew Beautiful.
- I love the new direction SB is going.
- Not enough stuff by Janet G (this one is for my mom).
- I love all the girl clothes.
- Isn't there anything for boys?
- Too much Heirloom Sewing.
- Not enough Heirloom sewing.
- I just don't like Sew Beautiful and I don't care what they do.
- I love Sew beautiful and I love everything they publish.
- Not enough in-style clothes.
- Too trendy.
- Great issue.
- Horrible issue.
Well that said. It really is a Great issue! I am sure this issue will sell out quickly! It is packed with eye candy and tons of techniques and little details.
It is hard to pick a favorite article but I can't wait to try the folded fabric flowers "Kanzashi In Bloom" or try the Spaghetti Bias loops.
I have a friend's granddaughter who is pictured on page 16 top left. Jerry, She sure is cute !
I always love anything the Helen Lively does. Just wait till you see her smocked Peacock "Raja" in the next issue! ~janet