Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Spicy Pretzels

Since it is almost Father's day I want to share with you a snack recipe that we make all the time.

This recipe came from my sister-in-law Jan.

Yes, my SIL has the same first name as me. And to add to the confusion so does my husband's ex-wife!

(Hi Jan and Janet if you are reading this)

The whole story of names in my family get even more bizarre but I will save that for another day.

Well, back to my recipe........ As I said we make these pretzels all the time. When my daughter takes them to school or to Girl Scouts everyone is usually shouting "Yeah, Spicy pretzels!" No kidding!

They are really good on a car trip. Every so often you get hold of a pretzel with a lot of seasoning and it really wakes you up.

Spicy Pretzels


  • 1 Bag of Pretzels (Cheap pretzels are the best. I use the Wal-Mart brand small twist).
  • 1 gallon size zip-lock bag.
  • ¾ cup oil (Olive oil doesn't work. Been there done that , won't try it again).
  • 1 package dry hidden ranch salad dressing (not the Dip).
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder.
  • 1 teaspoon Lemon Pepper seasoning.


    Pour Pretzels into the zip-lock bag. Pour the oil over the pretzels. Seal bag and shake till all pretzels are covered in oil.

    In a small bowl mix the dry Hidden Valley salad dressing with all the seasonings. Mix well.

    Pour the seasoning mixture over the pretzels. Seal bag and shake until all pretzels are covered. Let sit about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment